STACHYBOTRYS MOLD

Being able to properly identify mold is becoming extremely important to home owners and people who may observe mold growth in their homes. But the major question usually is, “Do I have black mold?” Most people ask that question and not really know what black mold is. The toxic black mold that is sometimes found in homes is known as Stachybotrys chartarum.
In homes, Stachybotrys Mold can be observed as a very dark green or black growth. Stachybotrys grows well on surfaces that are high in fiber content (cellulose) as a constant nutrient source. Wallpaper, wood, ceiling tiles and carpet are some common places where Stachybotrys is seen growing. Very wet areas are the ideal habitat for Stachybotrys to grow as well. It is commonly recognized as a water damage indicator. Houses that have had substantial water damage such as flooding are the perfect condition for Stachybotrys to grow and spread. Even after Stachybotrys begins to grow, it still needs consistent and abundant moisture to grow.
Stachybotrys MoldStachybotrys chartarum, in its own right, is a mold known to produce very toxic mycotoxins. A mycotoxin is simply a toxic chemical produced by molds. These mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys Mold can be detrimental to the health of human beings. Molds in general can have adverse effects, but the effects of Stachybotrys are the worst known. The effects of exposure to Stachybotrys can span from an acute breathing difficulty to ultimately the death of a human being. Some initial symptoms of Stachybotrys exposure can be: coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, irritated skin, sore throat etc. Exposure to Stachybotrys can also cause more serious health problems such as seizures, memory loss, infertility, and sometimes a miscarriage. There have also been cases where people have died due to Stachybotrys exposure.
When Stachybotrys is identified in being in a home, a professional mold remediation company should be consulted to remove the mold from the home. In mold inspections, Stachybotrys is usually only identified by using a direct id such as a tape or swab. Stachybotrys mold spores aren’t usually found in an air sample being that the mold spores are heavy and sticky as well. In rare situations where Stachybotrys is found in air sample is usually because the colony of Stachybotrys was disturbed releasing the mold spores into the air. With mold spores being released into the air, it poses the threat of being breathed in and causing problems in the human body. A home owner should never be advised to try to remove black mold, but consult with a professional remediation company to eliminate the mold contamination.
Stachybotrys is definitely “the black mold” that people should be warned and advised about. At any costs, Stachybotrys Mold  should be remediated by a professional remediation company if it is found growing in an inhabited indoor setting.

 

Click here to find a professional mold inspector in your area
Click here to find out about Do It Yourself Mold Testing